Fulham Cemetery & the Friends

About Fulham Cemetery

Fulham Cemetery was established in 1865 and is the borough's oldest cemetery. The cemetery is located off Fulham Palace Road and covers nearly 13 acres in the heart of the borough. It was designed by architect John Hall with an entrance lodge and two chapels in Gothic style, and laid out with a grid of walks. The cemetery is bounded by stone walls, piers and railings along Fulham Palace Road. The burial ground was extended in 1874 up to Munster Road, and a further addition in 1880. The Dissenter's chapel has been demolished. The surviving chapel is distinguished by a hefty bellcote over the west end and a scene of the Resurrection carved in the tympanum. More recently the lodge has been sold and substantially renovated. Fulham Cemetery is now closed to new burials. 

Key facts

About Fulham Cemetery Friends

Fulham Cemetery Friends was started in January 2024, by local residents who love the cemetery. As of June 2024 we have over 60 members.

The initial impetus for the formation of the Friends was the planting of 36 new trees, after a long period of decline in the cemetery's trees. We would love to see the trees survive and thrive, so the group was set up initially to water the trees regularly over summer. 

Anti-social behaviour in the cemetery

Please report any ASB to the Law Enforcement Team (LET):

Examples of anti-social behaviour:

If you are witnessing a crime or for an immediate response, always ring 999.